Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, January 14, 2008

busy....busy

An update to let everyone know I'm still here.
Last week at work was very busy. And Craig has been working non-stop in all his spare time with end of year bookkeeping, estimated taxes, sales tax, 1099's, renewing DBA's, you get the picture.
So I try to stay out of his face.
I spent yesterday cleaning up the room our computers are in. I'm amazed how dusty things can get. One thing I did was open the computer case and blow out all the dust that can accumulate inside. I highly recommend this to every one. Especially if your puter is as old as mine.(a 2001) A layer of dust can cause things to over heat and die!
I also thru out piles of old PC magazines, and notes and papers I found from older pc's I owned.
I'm also starting to put together a camping schedule for this summer season.
Park reservations start to fill up early. And we try to schedule our trips around our work schedule. We have a lot of "regular" customers. They are ones that come in every 3-4-5 weeks for haircuts and-or coloring services. We have customers who book their appointments for the entire year in advance. So some Saturdays have a number of "regulars", and we try to take off Saturdays that aren't very full of them, so as not to inconvenience too many.
Remember, when your self employed, customers are your bosses.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 AM

    You continue to give VERY good advice to computer users! I certainly hope they are paying attention!!

    Ah, camping! I, too, am starting to dream, but I'm not so sure it will all come to pass this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 AM

    I guess I didn't realize how difficult it is to plan your time off when you own your own business. I think that is one of the reasons why you are so successful; you truly care about your customers and do your best not to inconvenience them. That seems to be a rarity these days. At least it has to be a positive feeling to be thinking about camping while we still have snow and cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your words of encouragement.

    Summer time is just around the corner and camping and traveling - sounds nice.

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely get the dust out.....it's essential!
    And I'm still thinking that I need to come by for the $20 haircut,not the $15!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh... i thought i told y'all to take a NAP!!! jeezey peezy you work too much honey!

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take the cover off the PC? Geez I can't keep the tv screen dusted with this darn pet door. But that's good advice and I'm glad your so energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Wayne!
    I'm going to Norfolk to visit a friend from Amsterdam who is there briefly, and I hope to make your tea cakes to take to her. Since I'll be traveling, I think I'll roll them in powdered sugar instead of drizzling with chocolate. I love the recipe, and I'll let you know if the powdered sugar works.

    ReplyDelete