Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

art

During this dreadfully l-o-n-g winter, (it's currently 5 degrees out), I'd like to share with you some of our "art work" we have on our walls.
Everything we have is something that has a meaning to it.
Which means, either it was from one of our many trips, or it is something that is personal.
First up is a collage of pics.

These are all dryed and pressed leaves from plants in our yard. They make a nice grouping above our couch, in our living room.
Next up, Is a hand carved mask...


We got in Hawaii, during one of our 2 trips there. About 3 ft tall and solid wood.
Scary looking, huh?

And next is our anniversary printed in the Mayan calendar.


We got this when we went to Cancun, Mexico. Took a day trip to Chichen Itsa
Loved it!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:57 PM

    Thanks for sharing, Bro. :)

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:31 PM

    Its all very nice, but I REALLY like the leaves. The groupings and presentation are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the leaves are fabulous!!! you are very talented my friend!

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Wayne! Too cold to play outside, so you take pictures of your walls. Thanks for sharing, though. I like the eclectic mix.

    And the dried leaves remind you that springtime is around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you guys matte those leaves yourselves? Yeah I realize I probably have the wrong spelling for mats. hehe

    You have some cool things on your walls.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leave pressings! I wish I could remember how to do that, maybe I look it up on line. The Mayan calendar is very nice also. I love the colours. The mask is a bit scary but it's still a really nice wood carving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete