Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, February 11, 2008

more art

To continue on from my last post, Here's more "art" we have on our walls.
First up, a sheet of real money we got on one of our many trips to Washington DC. Which by the way is our #1 favorite city! Followed by #2 Chicago, #3 San Francisco, #4 New Orleans, and #5 Portland, Oregon.



We got this at the Bureau of Engraving. They sell these sheets of uncut bills to us tourists. We thought it was neat and had it framed. You can buy a sheet of 8 or 16, or like ours, 32. Now we can say if we ever run low on cash, we can cut up this sheet for 32 bucks!

Next is a photo I took of Lake Powell, on one of our several trips to Utah.

I took it as the sun was rising behind the clouds. We had it blown up to a 20X24 size and framed with a ribbon glass mat. Look closely and you will see Monument Valley in the distance. We loved Utah and all the National Parks they have there.

Also at Lake Powell, there is a bridge that crosses a narrow section of the lake. The following 2 pics are of the road that leads to the bridge. Craig loves road trips! So we took each car he has owned out west and had a pic taked on the same stretch of road. The one on the right was his 1988 Ford Thunderbird. The left, his 1998 Honda Accord. Which he still owns.

And next is a set of framed masks. This was sent to me from my sister Linda, while she was in the Air Force, stationed in South Korea. They were issued in conjunction with the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul, South Korea.

Well that's it for this post.
More to follow......


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    You mean you don't buy those preframed, preprinted pictures at Wally World? :)

    The art that you have shown us is amazing on a lot of levels, not the least is the uniqueness, individuality, and personality that each piece conveys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your art pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool! I want to see your house sometime. Maybe you can give me some tips....I'm not so creative. hehe

    Hey, did I ever tell you that my stepmom is head of marketing for the National Parks out west? It's an intersting story I'll have to tell you at the next family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again truly insightful. I love the photo you took of Lake Powell. Of course you know you may have started a trend and I may need to steal this idea for a post or maybe two. Besides it will also be a good way to take pictures for insurance purposes if needed. Anyway, thanks once again for sharing a little view inside your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Thanks for sharing your artwork, Wayne. You have some very unique and interesting pieces. You are also a very talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like opening the front doors of your home and inviting us all in for an art tour. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so interesting. I thought I had seen the pic of the money sheet in the background of one of your previous postings and I was curious. As Paul Harvey would say now I know the rest of the story. Clever.

    ReplyDelete