Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm gonna live!

Well, at least according to my physical! I made it another year. I aced my blood tests!!
Actually, I had the same results I've had for the last 3 years. All my blood tests were basically the same. The odd points are......
one part of my white blood cell count (neutrophils) is always just a touch low. My doctor feels it is because I never get sick,(no colds or flu or anything) and I have such a strong immune system.
And my sugar(glucose) is always just a touch high(101, where it should be below 99). He doesn't have a clue why.

My HDL is way high(79, when it is suppose to be between 30-60) but that is very good!
High HDL protects you from the bad cholesterol.

And my bad Cholesterol is normal(124, should be between 60 and 130). My Triglycerides are real low, and my ratio is excellent!
So even though my over all Cholesterol is 219, my doctor says don't worry.

And my liver enzymes are normal, which is a surprise considering how much I drink!
So, I'm good for another year!
Bring on the wings! And another cocktail!

10 comments:

  1. man that is really good. how hard did you study???

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 AM

    excellent! congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL at "Bring on the wings! And another cocktail!"

    YAY! Good to know you're doing well! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given your profession and its exposure to all things public, I am a bit surprised that you rarely get sick. But then again maybe that exposure has made you tough (built your immunities).

    Congratulations on the good report! Keep up the good work! Study hard for next year's test! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Isn't it nice to get such a good report? You obviously are doing what you should be, so that is great. Hang in there; spring will be here soon--I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:17 AM

    That's great, Bro! :)
    And 101 is still normal for blood sugar, I think. It is for Ken, anyway. :)


    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo! Well done and congrats on your good results. Now it's on to another year during which I'm sure you will lead a very healthy lifestyle. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Wayne. Cheers! mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wayne....those HDL are sensational. Has that always been the case? I mean that number is extraordinary. Do you exercise say several hours each day?

    Mine are always just way to low and my doc is mad about it.....
    EXERCISE! MORE EXERCISE AND I MEAN IT JON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the email Wayne.
    I am a veggie lover myself and do all the items like you do also. Lean meat if and when, olive oil, and lots of veggies with no butter etc. Lots of great salads with olive oil as a dressing, etc.

    I think you are correct. It is a lot about genes. And mine are way not like yours.

    Glad you have the mom and dad that you have. Makes it a bit easier and you do in fact do a lot to optimize on those genes. I commend you for that.

    ReplyDelete