Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Craig's turn

Well, on Tuesday afternoon Craig goes in for his first Colonoscopy. He hasn't had any symptoms, but you are suppose to get one after a "certain" age, and Craig is way past that! hehe. And I finally convinced him to do it. (I'm gonna owe him big time for this!)
My dad died of Colon Cancer at 59. He was diagnosed at 53. So I've had 2 Colonoscopy's already! (one at 43, and then 49)
Craig has a customer whose husband just died of Colon Cancer, also at 59.

So tomorrow we'll be out of the house most of the day. He can't eat anything the day before the "procedure".
So today, it's eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may.....oh wait, that's a different story. Any way, today he's fixing a favorite of his, Wet Burritos, yummy!
Tomorrow, to keep his mind off food, (and the upcoming procedure) we're going to the big city of Detroit, to do some shopping.
Need to get new water filters for the motor-home for the up-coming season, and some roof cleaner and sealer at Camping World. We'll also hit the Ikea store. If you've never been to one, check it out! I also want to look at 3 new RV's I've seen on the web. But just look. Couldn't possible afford a new one, but it is fun to look.

And to ease Craig's anxiety about his "procedure",
I found this video on You Tube.

Click the arrow twice to start the clip!




I'll let you know how he did!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:42 AM

    omg...that is hilarious! wish i'd seen that before either one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should probably never use the phrases colonoscopy and wet burritos in the same topic. It brings up all sorts of weird images. Hope all goes well for Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:18 AM

    PLEASE, don't post pictures!!! Good luck, Craig!
    Fl Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Ken just had one in January. I had one a year or so ago.
    I can sympathize with you both!
    Good luck!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. honey the day before mine i never got too far from the bathroom, but good luck with that shopping! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. PPPFFFTTTTTTTHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! That clip is priceless!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

    LOL at Bee too!!!

    Oh and I agree with not using colonoscopy and wet burrito in the same sentence too. lolol Gawd this whole post and the comments are a riot.

    Good luck to Craig...and enjoy the day in Canton. Wish we still lived there so we could visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, sounds like nothing but good times..... but you're right. Tons of people finding themselves in stage 3 or 4 cancer nowadays and not even knowing it. Go for it, Craig! You'll feel MUCH better after it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes to Craig that all will go well and that the results will be good.

    My mother died of colon cancer (that moved to the liver). I have had three of them and this year is my "recall" so later this year I will be joining the club again.

    The worst part is the prep. The procedure is nothing - or is that just because I prefer to catch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:37 AM

    I am glad that Craig is having it done. As Lemuel said, the worst part is the prep. The peace of mind afterwards definitely makes this worth doing. I had one last year, and it was clear; now I don't have to have another for ten years because I am not in a high risk group. Craig, it is worth doing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is fun.

    my first one, I asked the doctor if he wouldn't rather be a dentist. his response was,

    "hell no! there are less germs back here than in your mouth; there are no teeth; and once you've seen one asshole, you've seen 'em all."

    the nurse went into hysterics and i felt a lot better...

    m/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Lemuel. The procedure is no biggie, but - Lord! - that night-before prep was sure memorable. I was already in the hospital, so they gave me about a gallon of Colon-Blow to drink. I thought I was going to turn inside out, but I was definitely clean as a whistle!

    ReplyDelete