Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

what was he thinking?

First, I want to say Craig is an excellent cook!

He can go thru the fridge and cupboards and whip up a great meal. Not even use a recipe. But........
the other evening, he decided he wanted a snack. And, in particular, a cheese omelet.
Well, he goes and gets the Egg Beaters, and pours some in the pan, looks for the cheese, nothing.

But now he has his heart set on a cheese omelet.
So, being the creative cook he is,
grabs my bag of Cheetos, thinking,
cheesy flavor right?..... should melt right in!

Wrong!

Stayed crunchy, and not in a good
cheese omelet kind of way! And after a couple of bites,
he wasn't in the mood for a cheese omelet anymore.
So boys and girls, don't try this at home.
Cheetos is a stand alone snack!

In other news,
we are under a freeze warning, which means any flowering trees will be history by noon. It is currently 28 out while typing this. Our Star magnolia is done blooming, as is our Weeping Cherry.
But our 2 Flowering crabs are all budded up. Don't know if they are too far along or not. I'll know when I come home from work today. I moved any divisions of plants for my sale I think might be too leafed out, into the shed. (ferns, hostas, and a few others) They might have been okay, but better to be safe than sorry. It's a lot of work digging and dividing and replanting and potting.
I even turned on the furnace in the mo-ho. Don't want the pipes to freeze!
I'll let you know how we did.

10 comments:

  1. It's dang cold out there today! eekk Hope things survived ok...

    And Craig's Cheeto Omelet...ewwwwwwwwww LOL Too funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had frost overnight. I saw the warning and covered my tomato and pepper plants that I just put in last Saturday. I hope your plants survived without any (or much) damage.

    I love Cheetos, but in an omelet, uh, I don't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had frost here in Howell, too.

    Thanks for the omlette story, you gave Nick and me a chuckle this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:41 AM

    hahahahaha!!!!! Poor Craig. Never thought of that myself. ;)

    Not even one cheese flavored spice in the house?

    Hopefully your plants will be fine.

    *Hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fingers are crossed for you.

    Funny how some people still say there is nothing to this global warming.

    Somethings going on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:17 PM

    My lawn looked white this morning! So much for summer lol...
    A Cheeto omlette? Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know Wayne but that concoction looks pretty darn good. A can of Red Bull to cleanse the palette and I'd be set.

    Don't you hate it when Mother Nature plays such cruel jokes on us. Seems to happen much to frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My question would be who doesn't keep cheese on hand at all times?!? I am sure some of the great cooks have tried odd foods and flavors togeter.
    Hope your garden survived. We have been having cold days for the last several weeks and did have frost on the top of the car last Thursday. It didn't do any harm to the plants. Thanks goodness. I haven't started planting anything out yet. The last couple of days have been in the 70's so I think I will start this weekend. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egads, it looks like an episode of Top Chef meets 7-11... ha! I would never have thought of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL...I used to work for Frito Lay & loved my Cheeto's, but I could not imagine them in a pasta...He's a Funny Guy!

    ReplyDelete