Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, June 27, 2008

funny friday

First, our funny Friday..........
A crusty old biker, on a summer ride in the country, walks into a tavern and sees a sign hanging over the bar, which reads:
CHEESEBURGER: $1.50
CHICKEN SANDWICH: $2.50
HAND JOB: $10.00
Checking his wallet for the necessary payment, he walks up to the bar and beckons to the exceptionally attractive female bartender serving drinks to a meager looking group of farmers. 'Yes?' she inquires with a knowing smile, ' Can I help you?'
'I was wondering,' whispers the old biker,'Are you the young lady who gives the hand-jobs?' 'Yes I am.' she purrs.
The old biker replies, 'Well wash yer hands, I want a cheeseburger.'

Work continues to be very busy, but that's good for the wallet, though the 10+ hrs I work on Wed. and Thru. make me very tired when I get home. But it is worth it, being able to work just 4 days a week, and have a long weekend.

And now for a few more pics of the garden.........

This first flower I have no idea waht it is, anyone have a clue?
Next is another Cranesbill, called Splish Splash.
And last is a red Weigela, and a white Potentilla.
























Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That was funny! You guys have a good weekend.-Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the old biker - some of us just have different priorities than others. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Thanks for always sharing your flowers with us. Your yard is beautiful. I know it is a lot of work, but it definitely pays off. I'm sure you guys enjoy it.

    Ten hour days are long, but the payoff of a four day week is very nice. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:37 AM

    I would guess it's some sort of daisy, but I don't know.
    It is pretty.
    Ken worked 14 hours yesterday, so he can definitely commiserate with you.

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we are putting fires in our fireplaces I envy your flowers but I know our flowers will come back after winter leaves. When spring does arrive I too will share pictures of our flowers and I hope they will be as pretty as your flowers. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the weekly laugh. Had a good chuckle at that one!

    ReplyDelete