Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

boring, and a rant

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Not a lot going on to post about.
Had a very busy week at work, and been busy around the house and yard also. Got one side of the mo-ho waxed, (damn that things big!) And hopefully fixed a water leak. I'm getting water on the dash of the mo-ho, and think it was coming from the marker lights. So yesterday, removed all the old silicone, and applied fresh. We'll see next time it rains. Hate the thought of replacing the windshield.

We're still looking for the right stand for our new 32 inch TV, then I'll add pictures for that.
And now for a little rant!
I want to say, I Love and hate my new digital TV. The picture is amazing! If you can keep it tuned in!
I learned that digital signals don't travel as far as Analog. And with Analog, if the signal isn't real good, you'll get some snow or sparkies, but you can still watch the show. With digital, if the signal is even a wee bit weak, you get what is called digital break-up. The picture will freeze, and you get little squares appearing across the screen. And sometimes the picture disappears completely! Of course I have only rabbit ears for my antenna. I think they're just trying to make everyone get a satellite dish or cable. I think that's
the real reason behind this ending Analog thing.

Okay, I'm done with that.
And now, here's a few pics of my 3 Clematis in bloom.









And more flower pics to come!

6 comments:

  1. We have a satellite dish at home. When they installed the new outside unit for the hvac last summer, they put it directly under the dish (which was already there). Now every time the hvac repair techs come they bump their heads on the dish and knock it out of alignment. That usually means that we get the little digital "scrambles" (which we also get during a storm) or nothing - until I realign the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you guys are just going to have to be drug into this technical world kicking and screaming aren't you? lol We don't have half the trouble you guys or Lemuel seem to have with yours. Maybe the word here is - CABLE. hehe

    I absolutely think your blooms are gorgeous and I really like the creeping one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:26 PM

    I get picture breakup even with cable, so its not failsafe! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man your flowers look great. Not much blooming around here besdies crete myrtles and oleanders. It's just too hot.
    I too just have rabit ears and I get great reception. I get more Spanish channels than anything. I am not looking forward to next February when eveything changes to digital. It's just another big con and will create so so much waste for our landfills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I assume you live fairly close to Lansing. But getting rid of the TV top rabbit ears would be a good idea. The most important thing is to find out where your signals are coming from. If they are all around you but still close, you can get away with a non-directional antenna. If they are roughly in the same direction, you could get an indoor directional antenna as well. I use an indoor directional which works for the most part. It gets all my locals (based 20-30 miles away) except the channels that transmit at lower power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clematis, wow, they are just amazing Wayne. I love creepers, but it is hard to find a nice variety here in my part. I will be checking this species to see if it is avaliable here in Aussieland.

    ReplyDelete