Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday

I think I've recovered from the exhausting week. Didn't do a whole lot on Sunday.
Our friends, Tom and Dean from Wisconsin were in town for Dean's
niece's open house, so they were able to take some time to stop by for a visit.
It was good to see them again. I did wash and wax the front of the mo-ho,
and got the inside cleaned up for our next trip. Hope to wash and wax more of it this weekend.
And if any thing else could go wrong, it did. You remember the mo-ho TV died,
well the TV in the house now has a green field right in the upper middle of the screen.
Right where peoples faces are. So now everyone looks like a Martian.
Craig's computer is screwed up also. He turns on the puter, and no picture. The puter sounds like it's booting up, but nothing on the screen.
I do a screen test, and it says it's working,
but nothing from the puter.
It's always something, right?
So were going out looking at new TVs today.
Not wanting to spend that money, but am looking
forward to a flat panel LCD TV!
And I'll call a friend about the puter,
maybe he'll know something.
And here's a few pics of the garden.....
Me next to an Ornamental Rhubarb,
A white Peony, and a beautiful Clematis.

8 comments:

  1. The home maintenance demons are at work everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get a flat screen tv. Ours is 16 years old so I think we deserve a new one. The clematis is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, you know how to bring a boy to his knees with that white Peony...one of my favorites. And the new TV? You'll love it. OUrs is a 26" Magnavox with built-in DVD player....$479 at Best Buy last Christmas. $150 off of regular price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about all the techy issues. I'm sure they will all be worked out soon enough, and besides the new flat screen LCD will be so nice. We love ours. We've got a Phillips 32". We've always had good luck with Phillips but that's us. Although, I think when this one dies we are going for a Sony Bravia. Anyway, in the mean time while all those things are being sorted continue to go out and enjoy all those beautiful flowers from your garden. I would love to have a clenatis but I've got no place for one. The prevous owners planted a beautiful clematis but she stupidly planted it along side a long standing trellised rose and the clemitas kept stangling the rose so I had to remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne, I love seeing all your wonderful flowers. The path in the previous post is enchanting; it makes me want to jump in the photo and see where it leads to. I also love the lupine. I really want to get some for the garden.
    -Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a couple of notes. One, the plants are gorgeous and I'm starting to think that the more plants I put in the less yard work Bruce might have to do...what do you think? hehe
    I won't go into the size and type of our tv in the livingroom. Bruce will NEVER be satisfied with the size...sigh.
    As far as your computer...you do have a brother who makes a living that way. You know that, right?
    And lastly, a comment to your comment on my blog: Are you heterophobic? *innocent grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous. Wish we could enjoy peonies here in SE TX. Oh and that garden nome(sic)? isn't so bad either. Can I pick one of those up at Lowe's? :)
    I hear you on all the tech issues. In the last month ice maker, washer, car alarm.
    Fruits of your labor have paid off big time Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My younger daughter was playing with a big magnet one day and discovered that if you run it back and forth across a TV screen, you can get big blobs of blue, green and magenta color. She had, of course, pulled the three color guns of the picture tube out of alignment. It took a repair service call to get rid of technicolor faces.

    ReplyDelete