Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saving the economy

That's right!
I unwillingly, did my part to keep the economy on it's feet.
Bought this slick 32 inch LCD beauty!
And yes, the picture is beautiful!
This is a stock pic of the TV,
because ours is sitting on a box until we can find a
proper stand for it. I think it's funny how all the ads
show sports on their TVs. It must be guys who make the decision to buy a new TV. But we love it! Of course I now need to get rid of our old entertainment center. It's one of those huge Oak multi shelved pieces that's got to be over 20 years old.
But it worked for us. But now it won't. It'll only hold a 25 inch TV,
not these new wide screen types.
Also Craig's computer is dead. My brother is a computer geek, but I don't like bothering him with stuff. I'm sure he gets that from other family members. So, I have a customer who's real good with them, and he thought it might be the graphics card. Switched that, nope. Finally figured it was on the mother board. So since it is an older computer running the despised Me, we decided to get rid of it. Fortunately, Craig only used it mostly for work, and always backed everything up on disks, so we're not out any loss. And I did figure out how to set up my laptop for him to use with his keyboard and monitor, so he can use that. So he's a happy camper again! And he didn't need to spend money on a new puter.
So I cannibalized the old one. Took out the memory and graphics card and such to see if someone can use them. (maybe Bruce?)
And a sledge hammer to the hard drive. Just to be safe!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooo... [shudder] Windows Me. [Lem grabs a crucifix, silver bullet, and a wooden stake for protection]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:53 PM

    I think the reason why the ads all show sports is because that's what was first broadcast in HD. FWIW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are absolutely going to love the LCD. even the stations NOT in HD look better.

    if you do need to buy a new computer, don't get one with VISTA. I was part of the launch when it came out a couple of years ago through work; got a free copy; put it on my Gateway; and instantly took it off. total disaster. Microsoft has backed off its requirement of putting it on all new Windows machines, giving people a choice.

    ReplyDelete