Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Storing the mo-ho

Yesterday, Craig and I winterized the motor home. (Good thing we did! It's currently 26 out this morning). That involves draining the water out of the fresh water tank, and the water lines, and pumping RV antifreeze through out the water system.
I also took out any liquids from inside the mo-ho, emptied the pantry and medicine cabinet, and all the towels and bedding. Took out DVDs and games. Also removed all the batteries, from the TV remotes, the smoke detector, the carbon monoxide detector, the clock, flashlights, and safe. Will use them in the house, and put back fresh ones in the spring. Then I took out the portable gas grill and cleaned it all up and stored it in the garage. We don't want anything in the mo-ho that might attract critters. We do use sonic pest repellers. Have them in about 6 outlets. We leave the mo-ho plugged in all winter to keep them working. We also use mouse bait and mothballs. That all seemed to work last winter, as we saw no evidence of anything. So we'll try that again.
Craig picked up his new glasses yesterday also. They look real nice. I'll try to sneak a pic of him when I get a chance.
This morning, I have a dental appt. Just my routine 6 month cleaning. That's at 8am. And I start work at 9am and will be there till about 8pm. Why did I make an appt. on such a long work day?
Oh well, I've got to go...........

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Hope your day goes well.
    Thanks for all the hints for our trailer when we bring it back. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of work, but it will save you much grief in the spring.

    ReplyDelete