Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, November 10, 2008

life is short.

Today was a sad day. We went to a memorial service for a very good customer of mine, Nola, who died very unexpectedly.
I've known her and her family for years. Both of her daughters, Amy and Melissa, who are now married, Amy with 2 kids, were receptionist's in our last Salon (maybe 12 -15 years ago) while they were in high school. We went to Amy's wedding.
Nola went in for some relatively minor shoulder surgery. Well, like they always tell you, no surgery is with out risk. Complications developed, and her heart gave out. So all of a sudden at the age of 65, she's gone. I'll miss her.
I felt so much for the family, but there are no words to make things better. You just show up to let them know you care. And we did, like many others. The memorial was packed. Wall to wall people. I personally don't care for funerals or memorials, too much praying and song playing, but if it helps the family cope, then that's what you do.
So on this dreary, cold, snowy, November day, I hope the family can find some comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. These horrible moments of our lives are never easy. Nor should they be. I send you comfort and peace for the loss of your long-time dear friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 PM

    My sympathy to you, Wayne. It never is easy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your own way celebrate her life by recalling your good memories of her.

    ReplyDelete