Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

snowblowing 101

I received a comment yesterday asking if a snow blower was like a leaf blower only more powerful. I was like, what? But I then thought, if your born and raised in a warmer climate, you really wouldn't know what a snow blower was. So I thought I'd post a couple of pics for you southern readers. A snow blower removes snow by scraping it up and throwing it out the discharge chute. The chute is adjustable to different directions, so you can throw the snow where you want it. I suppose it should be called a snow thrower, since it really doesn't 'blow' the snow.

So there you have it. Just one more piece of equipment you need up here in the north. Unless you have a small driveway, and prefer to just shovel it.
And after clearing the driveway again yesterday, I did some house cleaning and and fixed Panko Chicken. But this time I mixed some Cajun spice with it. Yum! Nice and spicy! With it we had broccoli and cheese sauce, and gravy boiled rice. (yep! you boil the rice in gravy and water)
Don't ask me where Craig comes up with some of these ideas, but most of the time, they're great!
Now I'm off to work!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I never thought about it until your post, but I guess that there would be people who would have no idea what a snow blower is or how it operates. For some of us it is a common item in the garage - and a very, very dear friend! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how those things worked. I figured it must have a powerful wind to blow away snow.:-)-Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thing makes my sphincter tingle. Ugh. I don't envy you guys at all. Reminds me of growing up in cold, snowy Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Honestly, I've never seen a snow-blower in person. I see now it looks something like a tiller that we here in the south for gardens. (not me personally of course)... I have people who have people to do those sorts of things! LOL! :o)

    M&CinPS

    ReplyDelete