Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Duh!

I was reading the news on the web this morning and ran across this little tid bit.
"As the world grapples with rising obesity, millions have turned to popular diets like Atkins, Zone and Ornish that tout the benefits of one nutrient over another.
Some previous studies have found that low carbohydrate diets like Atkins work better than a traditional low-fat diet. But the new research found that the key to losing weight boiled down to a basic rule — calories in, calories out."

you can read the whole article here.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,500565,00.html
Apparently when losing weight, it's not what kind of diet you chose, (Atkins, Weight Watchers, etc.) but calories in versus calories burned. Now I've been saying this for years! And I'll be the first one to tell you it's harder than it looks. We don't realize how many calories we consume in a day. Remember, I'm currently on a weight loss mission, and am doing good. Slow, but good. And it is basically watching calorie intake, and trying to burn more. And I'm getting close. Maybe a couple more weeks, I'll have that before, (ick!) and an after pic.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Congrats. Keep up the good work. :)

    And Congratulations again on the yearly checkup. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Once I started watching calories in/out, it didn't matter what I ate, and I lost 25 pounds in a few months.

    The trick is staying with it (without worrying about being fanatical about it), which I have, and have not gained any of it back in two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been lucky in that I mostly stayed very thin, that is until now however. :(
    I guess age is a factor and I have a tummy, it is so hard now to watch what I eat since my boyfriend likes to cook and the food he makes is always very rich. I know it is not about going on a diet, it is more about eating healthy foods.

    ReplyDelete