Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday

Well, here you have it. My old water heater,

And my new, very expensive, water heater.

And this is a piece of pipe taken off where the house turn off valve is. This is unbelievable calcium build up. The plumber couldn't believe it. Thankfully it was only on this one section of pipe, which is cast iron. The rest of our pipes are copper and they were completely clear. But they have to use cast iron as the connection between the meter and the copper. And apparently the cast iron attracts the calcium in the water. But I'm still surprised we have that much calcium in city water.

Anyway, that's done.

In other news....

It's been very busy at work which is good, and this weekend I hope to get a vehicle waxed. The yard looks great and I can coast with that for a while. I'll have more pics as the flowers bloom.

Oh, and Craig's making Tacos for dinner! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a water softener? Would one have helped?
    We've lived in areas of very hard (public) water for over twenty years. I soon learned that anything we owned - especially hot water heaters - lasted *so* much longer after we had a softener installed. (I grew up in an area with naturally soft water - no one had softeners there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Water is really hard here, too. At least your new connection should be good for a number of years now. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete