Saturday, July 25, 2009

Salon talk and more flower pics

A quicky post with pics.
Work has been very busy, partly do to our long weekends off. So I'm working late every day. And yesterday after working in the Salon, I made a house call to an Alzheimer's facility to do a customer of mine. She'd been coming into the Salon, but fell a few weeks back, and it seems to have greatly progressed her condition. Her husband asked if I could come. He didn't care for the Stylist they have on contract. So he got permission for me to go and cut and color her hair. They have a small one chair Salon right in the building. She recognized me so it was a fairly easy time. Her husband seems to think she'll get well enough to go back home, but from my past experience with customers with Alzheimer's, I'm not thinking so. But I certainly wouldn't tell him that. And when I finished up, he asked if I could do a charge card. Of course, I couldn't, so I told him to just stop by the Salon next week some time and we'll take care of it then. It's very sad to see customers slowly fade from this disease. I feel for the family.
But now I'm off to work! And here's some more daylilies currently blooming in the gardens for your viewing pleasure.



2 comments:

  1. davidz7:06 AM

    You're a beautiful person to do that, Wayne. As someone who's dealt with this disease first hand, I can't tell you how much it means for people to come and be "normal" with the sick person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful thing for the woman in many ways. Would that we would all approach each other with care, compassion, and patience.

    ReplyDelete

Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.