Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

no pics just talk

Good morning,
This was to be a picture post of the rest of our trip, but this morning, Blogger wouldn't upload my pics, So I uploaded them to my Web Shots album and you can view them here. So instead, I'll talk about the rest of the story......
So on our day off after our trip, Craig mowed the yard and did bookwork, while I cleaned the mo-ho and then researched new tires for the mo-ho. We've decided it's time. I finally found a place right on this side of town, not too far from work. The tires were $319 each, and with mounting, balancing, taxes, etc, came to a total of $382 each. And Goodyear is running a rebate offer of $50 for each tire, so I think we did pretty good. We'll take in the mo-ho next Monday to have them done.
We finally got our new insurance cards. I was starting to worry, it was taking so long. We reduced our total monthly payment to $756 a month from $940 a month. But to get that we had to up our deductible/co-pay from $1500 to $5000. Which means we pretty much pay for anything that happens except for a catastrophic illness like cancer or heart attack. I'm not sure it's worth it. We're both healthy, but then, you never know! But think how fast that $756 a month would add up in a savings account.
Well, I've gabbed enough for today, I need to get ready for work.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    I think they have special savings accounts for health care, too which are supposedly tax deductible. Maybe you should look into it, because yes, $756 a month would be $9000 a year.
    But as you say...

    Hope things are going well!

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Wayne, yes you could save a lot of money by not having it, however, one major illness or accident, and you would put yourself in major debt. Also, Drs do not like to take patients with no insurance, some will not in fact. One little ole out patient surgery runs $30,000. to $230,000., depending on what procedure is being done. In fact some drs charge more if you do not have insurance, (because they give insurance companies discounts). I do medical billing for doctors and DME companie and I have seen both sides of the coin.

    ReplyDelete