Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

work, sleep, and nachos

Good morning from a fall like Lansing.
Leaves are starting to turn, the nights are getting cold, and the daylight hours are rapidly shortening.
I'm writing this after cleaning the Salon this morning, and while Craig's still asleep. I've been getting up around 5-6am for a long time now. Not sure why, but that's when I wake up. I'm usually in bed by 10pm. I've tried to stay up longer, but I get so tired, if I don't, I fall asleep in the chair. Now I use to be able to stay up longer when I was younger, so maybe it's an age thing. After all, next month I'll be 56! Yikes! I've never had any problems going to sleep. I'm out within 5 min. of hitting the pillow. Now Craig, I swear he could sleep all day! And it doesn't matter when he goes to bed. He usually gets up around 9 unless it's earlier for work or travel. But he's always been like that. I need 6-8 hrs, and he needs 8-12.
We had a busy week at work, and I hope to get a lot of house cleaning done this weekend. I've spent so much time on the mo-ho and yard, that the house has been neglected.
And for dinner yesterday after work, we had home made nachos. So yummy!


And to make them better for us, we used baked tortilla chips, 2% Mexican shredded cheese, and 96% lean ground beef. Spread the cooked ground beef over the chips, top with diced tomatoes, and green onions, add the cheese, stick it under the broiler for a few min. and enjoy!

And today, Craig is trying a brand new recipe for dinner. If it turns out, more pics and a Cooking with Craig post tomorrow.

Now time for a shower, and wake up lazy bones. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    The nachos look and sound great! :D
    Do you melt the cheese? or does the heat from the cooked hamburger melt it?

    6-8 is what we get, too. ;)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yelp, you sound so much like me when it comes to sleep. Seems the older I get, the earlier I get up. Hey, I am 6 years old than you. And I now get up at around 4am every morning. So that is what you have to look forward to, as you get older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes! Those nachos look delicious....fresh homemade salsa and fresh avocado...yummy!

    ReplyDelete