Sunday, June 13, 2010

hosta

As you know, I have a large yard, and with it are 100's of plants. Including nearly 50 varieties of hosta. Here's just a few....

Plain solid green hosta around the end of the deck. This variety can take sun and the deck gets a few hours of sun.
A large hosta with pale yellow/green leaves with a slightly darker green edge. Called Rascal.

3 more hosta I have no idea what their names are.


And hostas around my 2 backyard trees. There's 3 varieties around the big tree, and a miniature variety around a sycamore called Golden Tiara.
I like how the hostas give the trees more of a focal point in the yard instead of grass going right up to the trunk.
And soon, more yard pics. I bet you can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. I love how the hostas look around the trees. Do you think they'd be ok under a fir tree? I may try this at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the yard tour Wayne. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne, Ahhhh a little taste of "Eye Candy" to make us want more... I can't wait see more!!! - G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get anything to make such a clear area around a tree or anything like that. Love your yard, bro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I have HUGE oak trees in the front yard and cant grow grass and wonder if this would work? coastal SC..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:08 PM

      Hostas grow everywhere. Try it.

      Delete

Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.