Fortunately, the severe storms forecast for us stayed a little south of Lansing. Some wind and rain, but nothing severe.
But as I said, just to be safe, we moved the mo-ho over to the side of the garage. Well, upon doing that, I had to unplug him. And when I went back to plug him back in, I couldn't open the bay door. The handle just loosely lifted but wouldn't open. We had this happen once before a few years ago, so I got a screwdriver and a pair of pliers and crawled under. If your careful, you can push the latch up from underneath, which I was finally able to do. Which means anyone could probably do it. Which means you don't want to keep anything in your bays you can't afford to lose. But anyway, I had to take the handle assembly off the door and took it over to Dennis RV to order a new one. There's just a bar that I need that broke in half that does the actual lifting of the latch, but of course, you can't just order that, you have to order the entire assembly. While I was there I was to pick up the new dryer vent assembly, but when I looked at it I knew that wasn't what I needed. It came with a 4 inch vent, and ours was only about 3. He said 4 was standard for dryers. I said sorry, apparently not mine! I even called Craig to go out and measure to make sure. So he took the vin # of the mo-ho, and was going to try and find the right one.
Now it was back home to shower and get to work! Fortunately, I didn't have any early appointments.
Later in the day, he called to say the man he talked to from Newmar said they made several ones back then. He described another one that was 6 inches square, and I said Mine was only about 4 inches wide. He asked if I could measure it, and I said I would as soon as I got home. So I actually took a few pics of it, printed them out, and wrote the dimensions on it and ran it over before they closed. Hopefully that will be of better use in his hunt.
I'll keep you informed as it develops.