Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

possible damaging winds

Good morning.
Yesterday was a fairly lazy day. It had rained during the night, so everything was good and wet. Our rain gauge said 3/4 of an inch. I did manage to clean the portable grill we take on our trips, did a little more waxing, and polished the tires. Craig vacuumed the house, and that's about all we did.
Even dinner was lazy. Craig made Hamburger Helper. But diced up some boneless pork sirloins in stead of beef. It was yummy.


And today they're forecasting storms and with possibly damaging winds, so when Craig gets up, we'll move the mo-ho from the driveway back over next to the garage. Our main tree in the front yard is a very old Chinese Elm. They give nice dappled shade because of their small leaves, but they are very prone to breakage and I don't want it coming down on the mo-ho.

Here's a pic of the mo-ho in the driveway...and the big l-o-n-g branch on the tree above it.
Next to the garage are 2 big not that old maples that I think it'll be safer parked under.
And now it's time for my shower, and to get Craig up.

2 comments:

  1. I love taking pictures of branches, as you have no doubt noticed from the pictures I take at the farm. :)
    Hope they're wrong about the damaging winds!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne, Sounds like I wise move, moving the motor home. I hope you guys don't get the forecasted wind though. Take care. - G

    ReplyDelete