Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

mo-ho update

Good morning.
While Craig got his beauty rest yesterday morning, I cleaned the roof cap and trim on the passenger side of the mo-ho. And I remembered to take some pics!

If you look carefully, you can see the difference. It's shadowed because I was out early, before the sun was up completely.

And here's the side I did the day before.
Then I showered and ran to Sam's Club for Salon supplies.
I returned around 8:30 and finally woke lazy bones up at 9.
I made us coffee, and we dropped the supplies off at work, went to the bank, and grocery shopping. On the way home, we stopped at Dennis RV to pick up some mo-ho stuff. If you remember, on our trip to Muskegon, our dryer vent cover flew off. The bracket that holds it was cracked and it was just a matter of time before we'd lose it. So we needed to get a replacement assembly. I had put duct tape over the opening to keep rain out, and Craig thought it really made us look like trailer trash. Camping world wanted $56.00 for it. I thought that price was insane! Until I kept looking. I swear, any specialty item they jack the price up, just because they can! Well, Dennis had it for $51.00 plus $6.50 shipping, so we decided to at least help a local business. We also picked up a couple of vent caps for the mo-ho.
While cleaning the roof, one touch and the brittle plastic broke. We have 2 vents. One for the toilet, and another for the kitchen sink/washer, dryer.
As I tried to carefully remove the cap, it came apart in pieces.
But I got them off and easily installed the new ones.

And yes, it looks like I need to clean the roof again!
I also cleaned the roof rack that goes around the back of the mo-ho.
The top pic shows the aluminum bar all corroded. the bottom shows it nice and shiny.
I used the same stuff I use on the wheels. Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. It's taking care of the little things like this that help keep the mo-ho looking good!
I also waxed the back of the mo-ho, and 2/3rds the passenger side.
Then for dinner, Craig browned some Hot Italian Turkey sausage, sauteed some onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Made a tomato based pasta sauce and boiled some spiral noodles for a tasty pasta dinner!

2 comments:

  1. And the price of anything you're likely to need to replace often is going to be higher, too, unfortunately.

    But your moho is looking good! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Look'n good!!

    MandCinPS

    ReplyDelete