Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, October 01, 2010

It's not over yet!....but getting close

Good morning.
It's 43 out as I write this going for a balmy high of 66. Yesterday was beautiful with sun and near 70. Of course, I didn't get to enjoy as I worked from 8am to 7pm. But customers all day kept reminding me what I was missing. So nice of them.
And for this time of year, low to mid 60's are our norm. Well that is to change tomorrow when a cold front comes through bringing rain and temps only about 50 with lows in the low 30's. Yuk!
But the reality is that it's now October and temps will be on a downward slide for the foreseeable future. I hate the cold, and that's why I don't enjoy the beautiful fall we have here. I know what's coming after.
But in other news, we still have another trip to look forward to, and at least we're not tent camping. And there's a big RV show the weekend of my birthday, so that well be fun to look and dream of a bigger newer Motor home. :-)
And even with the colder temps, there's still some blooming to be found in the gardens...


Japanese Anemones, and Toad Lilies...

Helianthus and False Dragon head.

Like me, the garden doesn't want to give up the summer, but like me, it'll eventually succumb, retreating to the safety of the ground as I retreat to the warmth of the house, waiting for another spring to be able to burst out into the warm sunshine once more.
Okay, enough of the mushy stuff.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The flowers look great. We are already done with camping for the season. This weekend we are winterizing the RV (if the weather is good)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I don't really like the heat. Maybe you can camp out on the farm in the winter. ;)
    We might actually get down in the 50s at night this week. That will be almost 20 degrees cooler than it has been.
    Thanks, Wayne.
    You guys have a great day!

    ReplyDelete