Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a day with Mom

Good morning.
I made it to the Salon, but didn't have time to try out the new wheels on the manicure table. Maybe I'll do that Wed. morning.
Instead, I dropped off checks, trash and picked up the paper on the way home. I showered, woke Craig up, fixed coffee while he showered, then we hopped in the car for a drive to Muskegon to spend the day with my Mom.
I put the cover over her air conditioner, and cut her hair. She also wanted me to take her to the bank. She went last Wed. to get some cash. After she left, she noticed on her receipt there was a lot more money in her account then there should be. I looked at the slip and saw my sister-in-law's name on it. I asked her why that was, and she said she hadn't noticed that. I said I think they took the money out of the wrong account. My brother Louie's name is on my Mom's account. I assume he and his wife have their account there also. Her name is Bonnie, and my Mom's name is Audrey. So before lunch, we stopped at the bank. Sure enough, they had taken it out of Bonnie's account. They were very apologetic. I imagine someone will probably get written up for this. Things like this happen quite a bit. Craig has to constantly watch his deposit slips because we have the business account and our personal account at the same place. They have sometimes deposited the money in the wrong account.
Anyway, with that fixed, we headed over to Applebee's for lunch. Mom had the portabella sirloin steak, while Craig had a burger and I had a club. They were all very good. We've eaten there many times, and the food is always tasty.
Then of course, we went to the VFW for cocktails and pull-tabs. She hadn't been there since I took her in August. The driving service she uses to get around, only does greater Muskegon and the VFW is in North Muskegon. It's only about a mile from her apartment, but not in the city.
Anyway, she was happy to see people she hadn't seen in a while. We ended up a little ahead on the pull-tabs since Craig won $70 on one ticket.
We then stopped at the store for some food supplies for Mom, and then back to her apartment.
We said our good-byes, and made it back to Lansing safely.

I got on-line to find my Christmas lights had been shipped,
and the seller even gave me a $1.60 refund because the

shipping was less than stated. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the tree so you can see these lights. With their large soft glow, they really look good on our 9ft tree.
Since we had a good size lunch, for dinner we had mini frozen pizzas. They were just right. And of course, our Monday night sitcoms.
And that's about all I got for now. Time for my shower.


  1. Bank errors are a pain. Glad it was rectified easily.

  2. I love the way you take good care of your Mom and make sure she gets out and about. We lost my MIL last Friday. Things are all different around here now.

  3. Thanks for taking her out, Wayne. :)
    Neat lights. Don't think I've seen those before. Maybe we need new lights. I still have the ones we've had for years. The generic skinny ones. Bought some replacement bulbs at Wallyworld last year to replaced burned out ones.

    Have a great week!