Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

blah, blah

Good morning.
As usual, I've just returned from cleaning the Salon. Also while I was there, I repaired a couple of cabinets that hang on the wall, over the sink, in the supply room. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the top side of one of them was nearly 2 inches from the wall at the top. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the support brace along the top of the cabinet was bending. It was secure in the middle where I attached it to the wall, but it was bending out on the ends. It was a fairly easy fix. I got a section of 2x2 wood, cut it the length of the brace, pushed the cabinet back up so the brace was straight and attached the 2x2 along the brace. It can't bend now!
In other news.....
While I was down and out with the killer cold, we had a week of spring like weather. It got all the way up to 50. We've lost nearly all the snow we had. It was nice to see bare ground for a change. But it won't last long. As I write, another winter storm is fast approaching with a prediction of 6+inches of new snow. Hey, at least February is over half done!
And if you remember me fixing holes in the perimeter fencing, and putting out traps to catch rabbits, I didn't catch a one. There were no signs of them. Even if I don't get one in a trap, they'll eat the carrots I put around the outside. But they weren't touched either. They may have been coming into the yard to eat, then going back out to their nests. The new snowfall will show me if that's true.
And while recovering from my cold I finished another puzzle.

This one was sent to me by a blogger friend, Phillip. He thought it was a very challenging puzzle. I found it challenging, but fun because of it. Some of the puzzles I do are too easy. :-)

And it feels good to be back to 'normal'. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment