Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our wonderful spring continues...

Good morning.
It's been a great weekend so far.
Sunday took me to Muskegon to spend Mother's Day with my Mom. Helped her clean her apartment, and cut her hair. We then went to Applebee's for lunch where I had the Bourbon Steak, and Mom had the house sirloin. They were very good. Then over to the VFW for drinks, visiting, and some pull tabs. Mom doesn't get to the VFW because the driving service for seniors doesn't go to North Muskegon where the VFW is located, so it's a treat when I come to town and take her there. The place was quite busy for a Sunday. Found that they had a Mother's Day breakfast where all Mothers got their breakfast free. Mom enjoyed visiting with people she hadn't seen in a while. We left there, and picked up some groceries for her. Got her back to her apartment, put the groceries away, and headed back to Lansing. Returned home to find Craig had finished correcting our returns and did laundry. We relaxed on the deck with cocktails enjoying our continued spring.
Monday morning, while Craig slept, I cleaned the interior of the mo-ho, and washed the outside. I also washed the Kia and PT Cruiser. I then did a bit of weeding. After Craig got up, we did our usual bank, P.O. and grocery shopping. Back home, I did more weeding and Craig mowed the grass. I then mixed up some weed/grass killer for the pathways. A customer of mine owns a company that is developing 'green' products. One that they just put into testing is a herbicide. She asked me if I could use it in my yard and give them feedback. My yard is a good test site because I have many different possible application areas. I have gravel paths, paved paths, and mulched paths. Some in sun, some in shade. The stuff she gave me needs to be mixed, 1 part herbicide to 3 parts water. I mixed it up, and sprayed the paths. I have to write down the date I sprayed, the areas sprayed and monitor how fast they wilt and die. She said some types of weeds may need a second spraying. It will be interesting to see how it works. I also mixed up some lawn weed killer, and spot weeded the lawn.
We then relaxed the rest of the early evening on the deck soaking in the nice warm weather, and the greening of the yard. :-)
Craig made ham steaks for dinner, with home made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.
And now, I'm going out and do more weeding. I'm about 3/4 done and hope to finish it this week. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Its funny how springtime makes EVERYTHING grow and EVERYTHING needs weeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you and Mom had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you get a lot done while Craig gets his beauty rest.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete