Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A little hosta post

Good morning.
Our crappy cold spring continues. And it looks like the rest of the month will be more of the same.  :-(
But, I did bundle up and worked out in the yard a bit yesterday.  I expanded a hosta bed I have around a tree in the back yard.

There was just the inner ring of hosta's. I dug out the sod to make a wider ring, added more soil, divided the hosta's in the inner ring and transplanted the so I'll now have a nice wide swath of them. These are a dwarf hosta called Golden  Tiara. It gets only about 10 inches tall and wide. A light green with a yellow edge.
And here's some more shorter Iris. These are a little taller than the one's I posted yesterday, and a lighter purple.
So even though it's been very cold for this time of year, the perennials keep growing.
I also left the furnace on in the mo-ho. The forecast is for a low of 28 tomorrow night. I've never had the furnace on this much in April before. Oh well. With the thermostat set at 40, it isn't using much propane.
And with that, it's time for another work week.

1 comment: