Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

a visit with Mom

Good afternoon.
Sorry for my late post, but we've just returned from a visit to my Mom in Muskegon. Her birthday is coming up, so this was my birthday visit.  :-)  She will be 79.
I cleaned the Salon this morning, and by the time I got home, I had to shower, wake up Craig, and hit the road. It was a nice visit. I cut her hair, did a few chores, and took her to Applebee's for lunch. We met my brother Brian and his wife Ruth at the restaurant,  and they followed us to the VFW afterwards. It was nice to see them again, and we had a nice afternoon chatting, having a couple of drinks, and playing some pull-tabs. Which we did miserably with at.  :-)
Said our goodbyes, and as we left the building, noticed an ambulance outside. Then we saw paramedics wheeling an elderly woman on a stretcher, out of the rental hall next door. They had oxygen on her so hopefully she'll be okay. We got Mom back to her apartment, and arrived safely back in Lansing.
It was a good week in the Salon. After work Friday, we came home and mowed the yard. I then cleaned the birdbaths and refilled them. We fnished up with cocktails on the deck.  :-)
Saturday, I had a 2 hour color cancel right in the middle of the day, so I unpacked an order that came in the day before, and placed another order for other supplies.
Back home, I put a coat of the Satin varnish on the wood in the mo-ho. We decided it wasn't the right shade, so will look tomorrow to see if we can find a closer match.
I also noticed this in the yard before we mowed Friday.

Mushrooms coming up all over the back yard a week after all that rain we got. And there's not a tree near them. You can also see that the grass doesn't look like it's coming back to good as there are a lot of bare spots. Will wait a few weeks to see if it gets any better before I try to reseed.
And at some point, a set of keys for the Kia have come up missing. I've looked everywhere I can think of, and can not find them. I can't imagine where they could be. I'll wait a week or so before I get a replacement to see if it turns up.
And with that, time to wrap this up and get a bite to eat.

4 comments:

  1. We've had a lot of mushrooms pop up all over around here, too.
    Glad to hear you and Mom had a great time. :o)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool you were able to visit your mum :)

    Have a great week my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replacement keys for the Kia sound expensive.

    A big cancellation mid day like that must suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!
    Red Bottom Shoes|
    Red Sole Shoes|
    Red Bottoms|
    Red Bottoms Shoes
    Oakley Sunglasses|
    Cheap Oakley Sunglasses|

    ReplyDelete