Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, November 09, 2012

almost never goes as planned

Good morning.

It's been a busy week so far at the Salon, and today and tomorrow look to be the same.
I went in extra early yesterday to work on the toilet. We've been having issues with the water filling thingy in the tank, so I had planned on replacing it before I started hair work. Well, as usual, things don't always go like they should. I tried to turn the water off to the toilet, but as tight as I tried to turn the valve, I couldn't get the water all the way off, just down to a trickle. I decided we needed a new shut-off value, so I turned the knob back the other way, except as I did, the water stayed at a trickle, instead of full pressure. Great I thought. The damn think is broke and stuck. Oh well. The good news is we were still able to use the toilet. The bad news was it took 20 minutes for the tank to refill. :-\
So, I got a bucket and kept it filled with water so we could go in and refill the tank as needed. This morning, before we open, our mall handyman is coming to replace the valve. He will have to shut the water off to the entire unit to do that, so it was nice he can come in at 7am to do it, since we have appointments starting at 8:30 this morning.
I won't be there, as my physical therapy appointment is also at 7am, but I gave him a key so he can let himself in. Craig won't be there as he thinks it's still the middle of the night, and he'll be just getting out of bed at about that time.  :-)
 And I heard the mall has rented another space. That's 2 spaces in just a few months, compared to nothing the last 4 years. Maybe the economy is looking up.  :-)
Now I'm off for my shower and to my physical therapy appointment.
Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Hope things are going well with your back, Wayne. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete