Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

And back to work

Good morning.
Well, for 3 days, the forecast was for mostly sunny. Instead, it wasn't only mostly cloudy, it was completely overcast.  :-(
I don't know how a person can keep their job when they do it so poorly.
Now you know why I never look at the weekend forecast before the weekend is here since they can't seem to get 1 day right, much less an entire weekend.
Anyway, the election is over, and I imagine half of us are sad, and half of us are happy. Just like the last election. And the one before that. And the one before that. And so on. Now if only everyone would grow up and find a way to compromise to solve our nations problems. But I doubt it.  :-\
But enough of that......
With another crappy day out, I still managed a little outside work. I cleaned and rearranged the shed, so I can get all the outdoor stuff put away, and I mended a couple of fences to help keep the rabbits out this winter.
And we didn't get the dryer fresh air thingy done. The guy called 1 hour before he was to be here and said he would have to postpone the job because he didn't have all the parts he needed. I'm thinking, What? You had a week  to get what you needed and still you don't have it? I could have gone to Home Depot and got what he needed. Oh well, it's not like it has to be done right away. With the colder weather, it hasn't been venting inside, so we have plenty of time. So he's coming next Monday, I hope.  :-)
Pic of Craig and his new car back in June
And I don't know if you've read about the big mpg thing with Hyundai and Kia, but apparently for the last couple of years, they have been using the wrong mpg on their stickers. So that means Craig's Hyundai Accent doesn't get 40 and 30. It only gets 37 and 28. Now apparently Hyundai is going to reimburse car owners for the difference, which means Craig will get a yearly check for as long as he owns the car. And the amount will depend on how much he drives it each year and where he lives. I went online to their website, registered his car, and calculated his amount. $14.62. Nothing to get excited about.  :-)
That's the difference in the cost of gas he would have saved had the mpg been what he thought it was. 
He has to take it in to the dealer to have the odometer verified before they will issue the check.
The same issue is also with Kia, but starting a year after I bought mine. So apparently, mine does get the mpg it said.  :-)
And it's time for another work week, and it's looking pretty busy. So I've got to go.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how they figure that, given the way the prices go up and down. Guess they average them.
    Put the money in a savings account until Craig decides he wants a new car and see how much you have. ;o)
    Have a great work week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the dealer gets a piece of the action for reading the odometer... I worked at a dealer and we didn't do anything for free.

    ReplyDelete