Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

netvibes, a good homepage

Good morning.
It was another snowy windy day yesterday, and I stayed indoors and cleaned. 
Since I haven't posted much in pics lately, here's a couple....
First up, my new Netvibes homepage.
Since igoogle is due to end this year, I was proactive in looking for a suitable replacement. I finally settled on Netvibes. It has similarities with igoogle, and although at first, I didn't like it as well, now that I've been using it for nearly 6 months, it's a fine replacement..  :-)
You can lay the page out in 1-4 columns, and add any thing to the columns and arrange them how you like. I currently have 3 columns with a pic of my summer garden I can change at any time.
The next pic is the background on my desk-top. No, it's not a pic of my yard, I wish it were.  :-)
It's a stock photo I got from the web.
It gives me hope that soon, it will be spring here.
And I forgot to mention in my previous post, I've turned on word verification for comments. I've been receiving a lot of spam in the comments. Blogger has caught a lot of them, but to try and put an end to them I'm hoping word verification helps. I'll wait awhile and turn it off again and see how it goes. I'm thinking it shouldn't be a big deal, since I don't get very many comments anyway.  :-)
Now time for another work week. It's looking pretty busy so far.

3 comments:

  1. davidz8:25 AM

    And you have Dilbert on your home page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a new home page, too, and haven't had any luck. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do the same with word verification. I wish Blogger had a way for us to approve certain commenters.

    ReplyDelete