Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One nice day

Good morning.
Finally, a beautiful spring day!
Temps hovered around 60. It was sunny. It was non windy.
It was beautiful!
I took full advantage of the one day.
I washed the mo-ho, and started downsizing another flower bed.
This one is right behind the house. Runs the entire length, from the deck to the corner of the back.
This bed consisted of mainly hostas near the house with other shade loving perennials near the front.
The bed got infested with a mutant form of a ground cover that's commonly called around here, Bishop's Weed. The garden variety has light green and cream variegated leaves. The mutated form that is quickly spreading throughout the bed has medium solid green leaves and grows twice as tall.
I thought of just nuking the entire bed, but I'd like to save the hostas, especially the giant Blue Angel. So I thought I'd remove everything but the bushes and Hostas, and see how it goes.
I won't be able to reseed the area for awhile since grass needs 70's to germinate well, and that could be a long time coming the way our spring is going.
But spring does creep along, and here's a few pics to prove it...

A Burgundy Hellebore and my very large pink Hellebore.
And a very cute tiny Rip Van Winkle Daffodil.
And rain is forecast for this afternoon, so I'm going to try to get some things done this morning.
So gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment