Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

not looking good!

Good morning.
It's been a busy week in the Salon.
Our temps have finally returned to normal for this time of year, which is in the low to mid 30's.
Unfortunately,  a weather system is coming along with it.
As we hover right around freezing, we've been getting occasional freezing rain. My driveway was an ice skating rink yesterday morning, as was the Salons parking lot. They've been doing a pretty good job keeping the main roads salted, so the drive to and from work has been fine, though we had quite a few cancellations as neighborhood roads were slick.
Today, we're under an ice storm warning for tonight and tomorrow morning. Fortunately, the work day should be okay, although, my car has another thin layer of ice on it this morning. So I'll probably go into work early in case I need to salt.
I've worked in a number of people today that cancelled yesterday, so I'll be very busy.
And Craig's probably tired of me constantly telling him to be careful so he doesn't slip on any ice. I can't imagine his ribs liking a jerky slip on the ice.  But there's nothing wrong with being overly cautious, right?   :-)

1 comment:

  1. They predicted really bad weather for us, which we haven't gotten yet. Hope yours hasn't been (and won't be) too bad.

    Good for you keeping on Craig. Hubby said yesterday evening he wanted to get on a ladder to secure a piece of tin on the roof. Well, that tin has been loose over a year and I told him I didn't want him getting on a ladder with this wind.

    Fortunately, he decided to stay off the roof.

    You all enjoy the rest of our weekend, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete