Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

a pretty yard

Good morning.
I spent a good part of yesterday, cutting out dead canes on the rugosa roses.  Still lot's of winter damage I have to deal with, but I'm slowly getting there.
And here's some more yard pics.....


The grassy area above was all flowers 3 years ago.

The flower beds look best between the end of may and early July before it starts to get to hot and dry.
You wouldn't know it by the pics, but I have at least 25% less flowers than a few years ago when I started downsizing the flower beds. But as you can see, I still have plenty, and they are much more manageable.   :-)
Now it's back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Cutting them back definitely hasn't hurt how your yard looks. It still looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete