Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

the beginning of the end

Good morning.
It was a fairly busy week in the Salon. And after work Saturday, we headed over to Reno's for drinks and popcorn.
It's been a hot muggy week. Customers have come in saying we're getting a taste of Vegas. I respond by saying, except Vegas has low humidity.
We're also starting to get moving/retirement presents. This enormous bouquet was delivered Wed.
We've also gotten gift cards to restaurants and such.
With all the goodbyes, I'm realizing how many customers I have that I've been doing a very long time. I have dozens and dozens I've been doing for 20-30 years.
And I'm apparently causing stress and anxiety  because of my impending departure. I've been trying to reassure them that my recommendations for them will be fine.
I have my physical tomorrow, and yesterday got a copy of my blood test results. I was pleasantly surprised that my test results were the best they've been in years. And I haven't been exercising, or eating that good.
My bad cholesterol was the best it's ever been! Go figure. I'm beginning to think diet and eating is a lot more complicated than they lead us to believe. I've eaten more fat before these blood tests than I ever have before. Oh well.
Now time to get going. This weekend will be more packing and starting to empty out the freezer and pantry over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. That's because your LDL plays a bigger part in how your overall cholesterol looks, than your HDL.
    Glad to hear it was all good!

    ReplyDelete