Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, August 05, 2016

another blast from the past.

Good morning.
It's been a busy week in the Salon, compounded by many long goodbyes. With just a week and a half left to work, customers are scrambling to get one last haircut in before we leave.
I got a little present yesterday. A folding picture frame with 2 pics inside.
The left side is 2 little girls I've cut since they were old enough to sit still. The pic was taken about 19 years ago. The right side is the same 2 girls but this pic was taken 2 weeks ago when they came in for their last haircut with me and wanted a selfie. They are now young ladies in college.  I actually cut the entire family, brother, mom and dad. The brother is an intern in a hospital in central Illinois and the girls are majoring in sports medicine and nursing. They've turned into fine young adults. They've friend-ed me on facebook so I'll be able to continue following their lives.
I can hardly believe I ever had that much hair!
I've also hugged more people these last 2 weeks than I ever had the previous 60 years.
So just 6 more days of goodbyes and hugs. Well, then probably more at the retirement party. Now time to get to work.

1 comment:

  1. Michael had the same experience - customers he had had since the mid 1980s.

    ReplyDelete