Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, August 01, 2016

sad goodbye

Good morning.
It ended up being a fairly busy week in the Salon.
Sunday, we headed over to Muskegon to see my Mom one more time before we move. Will probably only get back to Michigan once every summer. Was hard to say goodbye to her when I left. She understands why I'm moving, but of course, not happy about it. I promised I'd e-mail and call more often. Cut her hair, and took her to her favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. She really likes the Stuffed Mushroom and Cheddar Biscuits. My brother Bruce and his son Ben joined us. Ben is really growing up fast. Then we headed over to the VFW for cocktails and pull-tabs. Had lousy luck as usual. Told my Mom that's why she doesn't have to worry about us gambling away our retirement because I hate losing, and that's what happens 99% of the time. So we just don't go very often.
Got back to Lansing safe and sound despite heavy traffic. But Craig is a pretty safe/sane driver. Not at all aggressive like me. I don't know why I am, but stupid, inconsiderate, people just really annoy me! I'm really trying to be more patient. It's not working too well.
Anyway, time to get on with the rest of our weekend. Weather's looking real nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hubby and I find the older we get, the less tolerance we have for stupid, inconsiderate people. And there seem to be more of them the older we get!

    Mom said she had a good time. I'm glad you did.

    Hot here. 81 at 0530. You all be safe.

    ReplyDelete