Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Is that a grasshopper?

Good morning.
Saw something new yesterday that I haven't seen out in Vegas before.......
A giant Grasshopper! That bugger must have been at least 4 inches long!
It was on the wall above our patio door. I got out our bug spray and gave it a good shot. That's when it flew over to the chair. I hit it again and it flew over by the grill. It then tried to fly toward the gate, but the effects of the spray started to work.
I was surprised to see this here in the desert. But then, I've seen quite a few birds/animals I wasn't expecting to see. I wonder if that was what was eating my purple spreading Lantana. I was beginning to think it must be some type of rodent. But I'll keep an eye on them and see if there is any more nibbling.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fish bait to me. Well, before you poisoned it, anyway. ;-)
    We've seen big black ones here, about that size. As I understand it, locust act like regular grasshoppers until they swarm. Hopefully that will be a rare occurrence.

    ReplyDelete