Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

another busy week.....so far

Good morning.
Here's a pic from my morning walk yesterday....
If you look closely, you can see the Aliante Hotel in the middle left at the other end of this section of the golf course. After that one day of clouds and rain, it's been sunny and warm again.   :-)
And I've been busy this week. So far, I've washed the windows, (when they power washed the house before painting, they got them a bit messy) cleaned the shelves in the fridge, and blew out the leaves in the stones in the bag yard and bagged them up. The neighbor behind us has several large African Sumac's with one in her side yard. I like it because it gives us some morning shade, and is big and green. Makes for a park like  view from our patio. But, they shed a lot of leaves in the summer, and quite a few come into my yard. So I finally cleaned them up yesterday morning.
Then, I baked a pie....


A Blueberry Crumble pie. My crumble got a little too much butter this time so it's a little flat looking, but tasty nonetheless.
And, it's now been a year since we moved here. I have to say, we are still happy with our decision. Vegas isn't the perfect place, but then I don't think there is one. At least, not one we could afford.   :-)
But there are still way more pluses than minuses, and it still beats Michigan overall. I'll take a couple months of heat over 4 months of bone chilling cold!
And with that, time to go to our weekly free senior slot tournament. Hope we win this week!   :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    And yes, there is no place on Earth that is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks delicious to me! But I think I am blueberried out this season.

    It's funny to me that we have flipped views. I'm from Las Vegas and I will take Michigan over it any day, every day (well except the UP, I only like to visit that far north). But it works for you and as long as it does, then good on ya!

    ReplyDelete