Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

some more yard pics.....

Good morning.
I just returned from my morning walk. Breezy and nice at 72 this morning. 
Here's a few pics of the back yard after I made some small changes....
We now have a seating area in the outer patio in front of the fountain and around a fire pit / coffee table.
Planted some fingerling cactus I got from a neighbor and got a little plant stand for it. They should cascade down the sides and next spring have orange flowers.

We put chestnut fire glass in the fire pit. Looks very nice when burning. Will help to keep us warm on our frigid winter evenings.    :-)
And below a view coming in the backyard from the side gate. The Crape Myrtle in the corner has bloomed all summer. I can't wait for it to get larger. The bougainvillea vine is starting to flower again. And the spreading Purple Lantana has done very well. The bush in the pot with the orange flowers is called Bells of Fire. It also blooms all summer.
And for dinner, Craig cooked egg fried rice, with steamed cauliflower and spicy mustard pork cutlets.

They were yummy! And enough for leftovers.
I'll post some more pics of the other side of the backyard once the new plants over there start to fill in a little. But I think everything is coming along nicely.
Spent yesterday dusting and cleaning the bathrooms. We seem to get more dust here than back in Michigan. I suppose it's from living in a desert. But I'll trade more dusting for nice weather.   :-)
That's all for now.

1 comment: