Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, November 24, 2017

more pics again! and my new Chromebook

Good afternoon.
Absolutely beautiful weather this week as we are running around 80 all week. Nearly 15 above normal!  Here's some more pics from this morning's walk....

The rising sun lighting up these odd looking clouds. The cloud formations here in the valley are a lot different from back in Michigan. They say it's because the valley is nearly surrounded by mountains and they affect how clouds form.
And I know I post way too many pics of our Sheep Mountains, but over a year later, I still don't get tired of looking at them as they change throughout the day.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving with Turkey and all the regular fixins. And our free Pumpkin Pie from our Realtor.
And today we bought some Pansy's and Ornamental Cabbage.

 They will do well here through the winter and add some cherry color when other bushes in the yard go dormant. They should bloom all winter through probably March or April.
Also, I shopped Black Friday!
No, I didn't actually go out to the stores.....
I went online and got a great deal!
I decided my big old 17 inch laptop was too much to take on our cruise, so I had been looking online for a larger tablet than the old 7 inch Nexus I've had for 5 years now.
Well, That's when the Black Friday previews started coming out. And, Best Buy had a great deal on a very highly rated Chromebook. This was a Black Friday Doorbuster deal only available in the store which opened at 5pm Thanksgiving, or online that day. After several online 'chats' I found out online meant 12 midnight Central time. So I stayed up until 10pm Pacific, and went online and snagged it! Lucky too, as by morning, it was sold out, and the stores didn't open until 5pm. I'm assuming they had a limited number in the store too since it was advertised in their ad. But it was nice I didn't have to wait in line to 'maybe' get one. It's a nice sized 11.6 inch screen. Has an Intel Celeron processor, 4GB Memory, and a 32 GB flash drive. All this for only $119.00 .
This will fit in my carry-on and be much more portable than my huge 17 inch laptop.  Which, I'll still take with me on road trips, but this Chromebook will be great for flying and cruising.
Well, I think that's it for now...

1 comment:

  1. We never got tired of looking at the mountains when we were in California and Alaska, either.
    Enjoy your Chromebook. I almost got one last month, but all its storage was online (the cloud) and I didn't want that. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete