Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, December 15, 2017

a trashcan snitch and a painful day

Good morning.
When we went down to the strip on Tuesday and spent the night, I asked our neighbor across the street to put away our trash cans. Tuesday is trash pickup day in out community. Well, we get home Wed. and one of our trash cans isn't in the garage. I assumed the neighbor couldn't get the door opened and put the can in her garage. But when I saw her she said she completely forgot all about it. So, what happened to the trash can?
I decided to look at our camera system recordings to solve the mystery. And here's what I saw....
At 6:45, neighborhood watch drives by. Look how our Christmas lights make the tree look ghostly.
Then, at the 7:04 mark, here comes our neighbor....

Grabs our can and takes it to his house.
Yep! It was our next door neighbor!
So, I went over to retrieve it. Apparently, they arrived home that evening and saw the can sitting there and all our shades were closed. They figured we must be gone and the trash can sitting out there would advertise that, so they put it in their garage for safe keeping.
Have I said how many nice neighbors we have?
So case solved! We do like our surveillance system.
Then, on Thursday, I decided to add another shelf in our pantry. It was getting pretty full and another shelf higher up would help. We went out and got a shelf, I cut it to fit, got the supports in and put the shelf in to check the fit before securing it. Well, it got a bit wedged, and as I tried to lift and twist it out, I did something to my arm that caused extreme pain. I couldn't move it in hardly any direction without pain. I iced it and and even later it was still extremely painful. Craig insisted I go to an urgent care facility. Long story short, After 3 1/2 hours, it was determined I have soft tissue damage between my elbow and wrist. That means a lot of rest and no activity for a while. If it's not starting to feel better in a week or so, I may need an MRI to determine if I have a complete tear, which hopefully I don't. I guess time will tell. I have it in a sling to help minimize movement.
So, I'm laid up for a while unable to do much with just one good arm. I guess it's good I'm retired an not working.   :-)

1 comment: