Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Here comes the sun and zucchini noodles

Good morning.
I've just returned from my morning walk, and as usual, I'm going to bore you with some pics again.    :-)
Here comes the sunrise.....


I know you've seen many, many pics like these but I feel like I need to post pics of something and I don't have much else.    :-)
My arm has gotten a little better, but certain movements still send me through the roof. Of course, it hasn't even been a week yet. And I am very impatient.   :-)
I've read a severe sprain/strain could takes weeks to months to heal.   :-(
We tried something new for dinner yesterday. We had spaghetti and meatballs. While that's not new, what we added was...
Zucchini noodles!
We had bought this spiral slicer some time ago and I suggested we give it a try.


It takes zucchini, or probably most any firm veggie and cuts them into long noodle shaped strings. I used it and it worked exactly like it said it would. Now, to make sure we didn't ruin dinner with some odd ingredient, I made some regular pasta also and we put them on a plate, side by side and ladled sauce on top. It was actually very good! I sauteed the zucchini 'noodles' in a small amount of oil with some garlic until they were just limp. No salt as that would draw out water and make them mushy. We liked it so much, next time we'll just use Zucchini.    :-)
I also found a salad recipe that calls for zucchini noodles. That looked good too.
So as I try continue to expand our dietary variety, Some thing we don't care for and somethings, like this, we surprisingly really like!
Well that's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment