Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

busy time

Good morning.
It's been a busy few days since my last post.
First off, I made another apple pie...
 I must be getting better as they are looking a bit more professional.   :-)
I also put burlap over the gate going into the back yard....
We get some strong winds and they blow right between the buildings and through the gate.
The reason for this is along that side wall, just over half way down, I planted a Bougainvillea vine in a pot. It's technically not hardy to the Vegas area, although I've seen a few that look pretty good size.
It all depends on the 'micro climate' it has. They recommend planting it in the ground, next to a south facing wall. Mine is against a south facing wall, but in a pot. We're not allowed to plant anything within 3 ft of the lot line. But pots can be put anywhere. So, to try and get it through the winter, I put burlap on the gate, and I wrapped the pot and lower stalks with Christmas lights then put chicken wire around that and then a good wrapping of burlap. Supposedly, the lights will keep the pot and soil just a bit warmer than the surrounding air. We'll see if that is enough to survive our winter. Of course, it'll also depend on if we have a warm, normal, or cold winter. But it looked so good this year, I'd like to keep it. We'll see!
And today, after our free senior slot tournament, we're going to Big Dog's Tavern for lunch. They have delicious Wisconsin Kielbasas. Found this place using a coupon from our Las Vegas book....


We bought this book for $37 last January, and it has loads of coupons. We've used coupons for free slot play, discounted buffets, and drinks and dining. It's a real good value for the price. We're trying to use up a few more coupons before the book expires on Dec. 31st.
And with that, time to go....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your plant. I hope it survives the winter. I think the ideas you came up with to protect it should make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete