Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

record rain and a happy liver

Good afternoon.
Yesterday, we ended a record run of 116 days without rain! The old record was, I think, around 105.
And we're getting more rain today. It has rained pretty much nonstop all day. But that's okay. It's a nice change from all that sunshine.    :-)
Which will return tomorrow.
Also, I have a doctors appointment on Friday with my 'new' doctor I got after I switched health insurance. I called the office to see if I could get a blood test for my cholesterol and liver. My last doctor put me on generic Lipitor and I was suppose to get checked after a couple of months to see if it was working and not messing up my liver. Well, before I could get my blood test done, he switched to a membership practice. I couldn't see paying a monthly fee just to see some test results so I decided to wait until the first of the year and do it with a new doctor and new insurance. Well, that was over 5 months ago and I was anxious to see how my liver was doing with the new medication. This new doctor ordered a complete set of tests. So in order to get the results back in time for my appointment, I had my blood drawn the day after New Years Day. Probably not the best time as I ate bad and drank a lot during the holidays. But, I saw the results online today, and everything is good! My cholesterol is 190, and my liver functions are normal. I was a little shocked because of my diet in the weeks just before. But I'm happy knowing all is good. Maybe all my 2 a day walking also helped.
With this nice cold rainy day, Craig is making a Cabbage Roll Casserole for dinner, and I've been booking some rooms for our late summer trip back to Michigan.
Yesterday, a neighbor brought over some Lemon Cream Bars. Oh so good! No wonder we can't lose weight!    :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment