Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, February 16, 2018

A project and ....really Craig?

Good morning.
Well, we did another project, but first, I want to tell you about a little incident.
Take a good look at this pic........
I've discovered that toilet bowl cleaner is great on grout! So, one day, I squirted some along the cracks near the counter and fridge, and let it soak. While I'm outside, Craig walks into the room and gets his socks all wet from the liquid. I say..."didn't you see the bottle sitting in the middle of the floor"?  He says..."I thought you just forgot to put it away".  Really? I'd leave a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. Wouldn't walking into a room and seeing that cause you to look down and figure out why it's there?   Sometimes I wonder about him!
Anyway, on to our little project......
We have a metal garage door. It faces west and gets full sun in the afternoon. Last summer, you could walk into the garage, and as you got near the door, you could feel the heat radiating from the metal as the hot summer sun bakes the door.
So we decided to insulate the door. The door already has the tracks like it was made to have insulation. So we bought 2 'kits' since we have a large double door.
They are pre-cut for the width and just needed to be trimmed for length.
It was happily an easy project. The worst part was all the Styrofoam bits that were everywhere. But I backed the cars out and vacuumed them all up. This should certainly help keep the garage a little cooler this summer.
Well, that's all I got for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment