Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

I've been hacked!

I got an e-mail this morning from IHG Rewards Club. I have an IHG credit card and the rewards club is where the points go when I use it. That gave me free nights and discounted nights on my last trip back to Michigan. Anyway, I got an e-mail stating I had changed my profile. But....I had not! So...I first tried logging in and was told my e-mail or pin was wrong. Well, I knew something was wrong so I called them to figure out what was going on. I find out, someone had gotten into my account, changed my e-mail address and used my points to book a room in China! China of all places! So after stating I was not going to China and had not changed my e-mail address and went through numerous security questions, they closed my account, cancelled that reservation, opened a new account and transferred my points there. Whew!
 Thankfully, I check my e-mail a couple times a day, and had just received that one an hour earlier.
It pays to be vigilant!
I was surprised that someone would hack me since i didn't have many points left after last year, but apparently enough to book a room in China!   :-)
So, that's my excitement for today. I'm still taking it easy. I'm feeling much better, but want to ease back into activities. We have friends coming out to Vegas on Tuesday and I need to do some cleaning. Maybe a little today and dive into it tomorrow.
So that's it for now...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get that cleared up!
    And very glad to hear you are feeling better. Praise God!
    Enjoy your visitors.

    ReplyDelete