Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

I'm a wee bit sick

Good morning.
Well, it's been nearly a week since our cruise. We got back home Saturday afternoon. And though we managed to survive an entire week on a ship in close quarters with 3000 passengers and 1000 crew, we didn't get sick with either a norovirus, cold or flu. But.......
Thursday, I came down with a cold.   :-(
So, staying close to home and trying to rest and drink fluids. Had to turn down a couple of patio parties, and haven't walked in a couple of days.
But, a cold is better than the flu.
So, since we've been back, we've had beautiful weather with highs in the 70's. We're going back into normal with temps in the high 60's this weekend. Before my cold hit, I did manage to cut back and re-pot both of my Bells of Fire, and my Bougainvillea vine into larger pots. The pots they were in were okay, but the extreme summer heat dries them out to much. And since everything is on a scheduled drip watering system, They would either be too wet or too dry. So larger pots hopefully will do the trick.   :-)
I also made another blueberry pie. Very good! And Craig did our taxes. We owe $4.   :-/
Apparently I slightly miscalculated the health care subsidies and they overpaid by $4 so I have to pay it back. This will be the last year we have to deal with that since I'll switch to Medicare in October.
And we were thinking of another cruise. A short 4 day cruise. Carnival e-mailed me a good discount. But then we realized our passports would be too close to expiring, so we'll take care of that, and maybe I'll get another special from Carnival.
Well, that's all for now.
Take care and stay well.

1 comment:

  1. If they have an email sign up for offers, you'll probably get quite a few.
    I think colds can gestate for a couple weeks before you actually get it.
    A lot of stuff going around. A friend of mine in Arizona who is allergic to most cold medicines says papaya helps.
    Get well soon and God bless.

    ReplyDelete