Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Update for the week

Good afternoon.
Here's a few pics I took during my morning walks this past week....
This was on a street corner near my house. It appears a hawk got a bird, and plucked it right here. That was a big pile of feathers!
And another full moon this past week.....
And you may need to click on the pic to see it better, but a duck and 3 little babies were roaming near the large fountain on the busy corner of Aliante Blvd and Elkorn Street.
Yesterday morning, I blew all the leaves out of the back yard. Our back yard is walled, and 2 of my neighbors have 3 African Sumac's just on the other side of 2 walls. As the weather gets hot, they lose about 1/3 of their leaves as a means to conserve water. So, a lot of leaves come down in my yard. Once they are all down, I blow them out of the stones onto the patio and bag them up.
I also sprayed around the foundation outside. I do this once a month to keep unwanted bugs out of our home.
And some good prices on good fruit right now. $.99 a lb for cherries and grapes, and $.99 for whole pineapples. And I've learned an easy way to cut, core and chunk them.
Also, for the months of May, June and July, Smiths (owned by Kroger) is giving double points on purchases every weekend. So we try and do all our shopping then to take advantage of that. Also, I get surveys on most receipts, and doing those gives me 50 points each. I can do 1 survey each week. We ended this month just over 1100 points, which we can use for $1.10 off a gallon, when we fill up with gas.   😀
And that's it for now.....

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky. Our Kroger only gives a flat .10 cent discount.
    Hope your foot is feeling better!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete