Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

a thoughtful memento

Good morning.
Just got back from my walk.
It's been warm and a bit muggy for Las Vegas. Humidity has been running around 30% in the morning's before dropping into the teens in the afternoon. Morning temps in the mid to upper 80's.
But great weather for walking.
I did see a coyote a couple of days ago out on the golf course. That's the second one in about a week!. I've only seen about 5 since we moved out here. They are supposedly no danger to humans. There has not been a recorded attack on humans unless the Coyote was cornered. Whenever I've seen one, they have already spotted me and are scurrying off in the opposite direction. Some walkers, especially the smaller ladies, carry a golf club or walking stick. Several months ago, I had one lady ask to walk the rest of the way home with me as she had seen a coyote and was a little nervous.
And Craig and I received 2 of these in the mail yesterday.....
It's the photo of one of Craig's customers in glass. She passed just last year. Craig did her hair for many, many years, and I cut her husbands hair. We still keep in touch.  Now......This pic was taken well before Craig started doing her hair. She was in her 80's when she died. It was a thoughtful gesture.
We received our new property tax bill for the coming year. It went up $14 to  $1265.00. That is still less than what we paid for out home back in Michigan. And this house is worth more than double that house. So low property taxes are another plus for Nevada.
Went to the fitness center yesterday. We're going to try and go 3 times a week. Trying to get some more fat off before our big road trip, because I know we won't be eating good then.   :-)
It's nice we have the use of those facilities. Their included in our HOA fees.
And I think that's all for now....

1 comment:

  1. A thoughtful gift, indeed. Have a great weekend, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete